Organic Skin Care Routine: Simple changes for a big impact
When your skin changes from “normal” to dry and sensitive, if the seasons change, if you are pregnant, or your skin randomly gains more bumps and blemishes, it may be time to switch up your skin care routine, and we suggest going organic! Why? Because mainstream cleansers commonly have toxins that may be the underlying cause of other health issues.
Even if you love how your cleansers have cleared your skin, you may still want to consider changing from using harmful chemicals to an organic skin care regime; your body will thank you for doing so!
It is essential to remember that your diet, water intake, and other outlying factors can contribute to how many blemishes you have on your face.
Let’s take a look at some simple changes you can make to help clear your skin:
Pay attention to your diet
Most of us know that diet makes a huge impact on our skin, but are you putting the knowledge into practice?
A healthy diet can benefit your gut, which in turn may lessen anxiety, depression, and balance your weight; consuming certain foods may also help to clear your skin.
If you have oily skin, you may want to add cucumbers, oranges, avocados, bananas, coconut water, and broccoli, to name a few. Cucumbers contain a lot of water, which can help to hydrate your skin, and the refreshing green vegetable has a lovely supply of antioxidants, and fruits like lemons and oranges have vitamin C, which can help to “flush out the extra oil from your skin”.
If you have dry skin, you may want to consume more water, coconut oil, olive oil (make a homemade salad dressing), sweet potatoes, eggs, and pomegranates. However, there are some rules and advice regarding how to eat and use these items:
- When you eat a pomegranate, be sure to munch on the seeds because they are packed with “antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties”.
- The yolk of an egg is essential for healthy, glowing skin!
- You can spread coconut oil over your face for at least an hour or overnight, and add a couple of tablespoons to suitable meals!
Look out for harmful ingredients
You may love your chemically infused concoction, but you may not love it when you know how some ingredients can harm your body.
You may want to look out for these harmful ingredients:
- Manufacturers use parabens to prevent mould and other bad bacteria from forming in their products. However, some scientists believe that parabens may increase your likelihood of developing breast cancer. When you are scouring the list of ingredients on the back of your beauty products, you will want to look for propylparaben, butylparaben, methylparaben, and ethylparaben, which are the four commonly used parabens.
- You may not see phthalates listed on your list of ingredients because the toxic chemical is often listed as ‘fragrance’. One source claims that phthalates, “can damage the liver, kidneys, lungs, and reproductive system — particularly the developing testes — according to animal studies.”
- Petrolatum has been a popular ingredient for some time because it helps to moisturise skin, but the ingredient may induce hormonal imbalance.
- If you see paraffin listed, it may benefit you to know that when in contact with a flame, paraffin can cause a fire!
Follow the appropriate steps
Several sources allude to this skincare routine for the morning:
- Spot treatments
- Eye cream - get rid of those puffy eyes!
- SPF sunscreen (even if it is cloudy!)
And for the evening:
- Eye cream
It seems like a lot, but imagine following this regime with all-natural products? We believe that there is potential for your skin to adopt a healthy, happy glow.
Dare to change the products you use
If you want to find safe, cleansing products to add to your newfound organic skin care routine, you may want to check out brands like Qsilica. They are a reputable company with products that reportedly add elasticity and smoothness to your skin due to the high antioxidant and vitamin content mixed into their all-natural concoctions!
They sell a make-up cleanser, Qsilica Remove Cleansing Gel, made from jojoba seed oil, natural sugar, and coconut extract, as well as an exfoliator, Qsilica Revitalise Exfoliator, which contains natural ingredients like vitamin B5 and Shea Butter.
The detoxifying, organic brand also makes night cream, Qsilica Beauty Sleep Night Cream, which includes botanical oils to propel hydration.
If you are looking for a simple moisturiser packed with nutrients, you may want to give neem a try. People have been using the neem tree for treatments for more than 5,000 years, so it must be good! If you have sensitive skin (not just your face), the Theraneem Neem Cream with Orange & Ylang Ylang may be a worthwhile skin care option!
With a lengthy list of amazing products, zk’in is definitely a skin care brand worth checking out! They often create products that can benefit all types of skin from dry to oily to combination to normal. This brand is “a performance-based organic skincare backed by clinical data”. Since we listed a cleanser, exfoliator, and night cream above, we’ll show you a sample of zk’in’s toner, serum, and moisturiser.
If you have oily or combination skin, you may want to switch your current toner to zk'in Clear Skin Toner. This product, suitable for both men and women, contains White Willow Bark, which acts as a natural anti-microbial property and improves your cell turnover, ultimately helping to keep your pores clean!
Are you looking for an anti-ageing product, one that will minimise your wrinkles? Try out zk'in Line Smoothing Serum, which encompasses the potent, anti-ageing paracress plant!
Do you have dry skin? zk'in Rejuvenating Moisturiser is here to help. This product features brown seaweed, rosehip oil, and aloe vera, which are known for their skin-enhancing properties!
Do you think you will change your skin care routine to an organic skin care routine? If you want to make small steps, you can start with paying attention to your diet, staying hydrated, washing your pillowcase often, and researching the benefits of organic ingredients and remedies!